Friday, January 1, 2010

December Daily...is done.

Happy New Year readers! So far, 2010 is looking a whole lot like 2009 around here...time to take out the resolution/goals journal and check to see if I accomplished even one thing I set out to do last January. I think the ticket is to be a little bit realistic this year, and put things in there that are doable.
I just wanted to show you a few pages of my December Daily journal, which is DONE, girls! I'm pretty happy about that. With the store's new online photo lab set up, printing out the daily photos every couple of days was totally easy and quick - I just stopped by the store when out on errands and grabbed them. Love that new set-up.

So:
I made this album out of three chipboard pieces and four long pieces of wire edged ribbon sewn onto the "book". It's an 8x8 size. I found the chrystal bling Christmas tree at the store the other day, I think it's by Basic Grey and there are blue ones too. I love it on the cover.



The photo doesn't show the page protectors and transparencies very well, but this is my favorite section in the book, as you can see elements peeking through on both sides as you turn the pages.


I had a pretty random color scheme and no real rhyme or reason as to what went in and whether or not there was a photo(s) for the day. Even though a bunch of friends got together one night in November and we pre-made all our pages, it still took up quite a bit of time each night (or every few nights) to catch up and document the day. I think next year I might do one with a set layout or template each day, just to make it a bit easier to do.




Glad it's all done and my family has already been flipping through it every day and enjoying the memories. So! Go grab that resolution list and make yourself some (achievable) scrapbooking goals for 2010. Talk to you soon.

No comments: