Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2nd layout of 2010

I promise I'll get more original with my post titles as the year goes on. For now, that's all I can think of.

These photos just make me :shudder: Ick! But my boy doesn't mind the creepy crawlies and thought this was pretty fun. I'm going to get him to do some journaling on here somewhere about what it felt like.

The papers are all Basic Grey Origin.


I cut out an 8" x 8" square from the right side of the ferny pattern and heavily distressed the edges with my favourite tool ~ the distresser. I got a little heavy handed and managed to tear a huge hole out of one edge. Oops.
I went with it. I've always thought the lacing would be too time consuming to bother with but I realized that big yellow hole needed something so after I glued the distressed pieces onto the yellow grid pattern I got out some off-white crochet cotton and poked holes on either side of my 'oops' and laced it together.


I decorated my page with some of these fun Basic Grey 'Woolies' that coordinate with the papers.


For my title I used Prima's felt alphabet in a light brown colour.

Oh, and don't you love that interesting lace under the title? You can find it with all the ribbons in the store.

So the next time you're in Unforgettable Memories check out Basic Greys 'Origin' line. I don't think it will be on the shelves for long.

No comments: