Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year and Wordle

Are you scratching your head wondering what in the world is Wordle?

It is a fun word art site that you can use to create your own unique backgrounds for your layouts. My daughter made a fun/funny gift for her brothers this Christmas so I went to Wordle, clicked on the 'Create' button and typed in the title of her booklet, her name, her brother's names, Christmas 08 and several other appropriate words and phrases in to the text box. Then I hit the 'Go' button. On the next page you can play with the font, colours and layout of your piece. When you are happy with the arrangement hit the print button and follow the instructions.

I glued my 8 1/2 x 11 Wordle page to a 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper. Applied a strip of Queen and Co felt lace, added my photo, wrote my journaling on strips, and embellished with chipboard, brads, and Primas.

So go check it out. Wordle. It's a fun program to play with. There are lots of examples in their gallery, where you can see all the different possibilities.

No comments: