Sunday, December 20, 2009

Still busy making ornaments

I found this idea on the Photojojo website and thought they'd be fun for Breanna and I to try.
Once I started looking I found it hard to decide on a photos to use. I didn't think peoples faces would look too good cut in strips. Here's a photo of a Toucan I took in Costa Rica.
Maybe bright, colourful photos of the garden in summer would look amazing.

I decided to try a few with various papers in my stash. This next one was made with some leftover Cosmo Cricket. I held it together with Bobunny brads that matched the paper and glued on some little blue Prima flowers.
I like that the paper is double sided so the inside isn't glaring white.

The last one I made was really hard to get a good picture of, but is so pretty on the tree. I used the Prima flocked paper that looks like lace. It's held together with decorative antiqued brads and I used the white 'liquid applique'that puffs up when heated around the top to look like snow. I added some prima pearls and I pulled apart an old Christmas arrangement for the red berries and leaves I glued on top.

No comments: