Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Simple Design

Throughout the years I have randomly changed my design strategies.  Sometimes I follow trend.  For example over the years I have cut photos into cute shapes, layered flowers, misted, inked, used buttons, matted photos, ripped paper, layered paper...

Currently I am trying to mix old with new stash and just get the important photos scrapbooked.  Sometimes it feels like I have not done enough or the layout is incomplete.  But really I am just liking the look of clean lines, more negative space, fewer but most important photos and journaling. 


 
I like how the beach photos pop off the Cosmo Cricket background paper.  The big chipboard wave is from my stash. Sometimes these large chipboard peices are hard to use.  This layout was so simple it needed something.  I think this wave adds movement and some dimension to the design.

 
Jen Louie challenged me to use this peice of paper.  I tried several photos and thoughts out for this paper.  Nothing was right.  Then I picked up this photo and it just seemed to fit.  I love how the photo and design is simple but so effective when added to this great peice of paper. 
 

 
Some great photos of swimming at the outdoor pool in Hudsons Hope.  A simple 10x10 sheet of blue dot paper and a large scallop that I cut free hand, a journal spot, some word stickers.  Bam, done!
 
Keepin it simple and getting caught up one layout at a time!


No comments: