Sunday, November 25, 2012

it's scrappin time!!

I am not a fan of winter, but one of the great things about it is all the scrapbooking that you a) have more time for and b) feel like doing because the days are short and the nights are long and dark and cold! I put these layouts together at the retreat that Unforgettable Memories hosted a few weekends ago. So much fun! So little sleep! 

Every time I go out to retreat i make tons of enlargements - my favorite is the 8 x 12 size. I trimmed this one down, but I often let them run across the whole page. They are a fun change in your album when you are flipping through, and it's nice to let the photos tell the story on their own.

Out of my box: i had a scrap sheet that i was using for misting overspray on other projects and I thought it would look cool as background paper for it's own layout. I had a hard time not lining that white piece up all nice and straight on the page. It's hard to do things differently than we normally would. Also used some really fun Studio Calico wood veneer shapes. The store is bringing in lots of different options and they are flying off the shelves.

8 x 12 again, and using a sweet metal flower accent by We R Memory Keepers. Inspired by vintage enamel pins, they are gorgeous embellishments - you could put a pin back on them and use them to dress up any of your gear!

Thanks for looking, have fun scrapping the winter away!

No comments: