Monday, November 19, 2012

Holiday Layouts

Okay, first off... I'm a little behind.  I know.  I was so happy when all the new Christmas papers started arriving in the store because I was able to finish off last year's Christmas.  This layout was so simple to do!  I used five 4x6 photos - I rarely use all 4x6 any more because I can't fit them all on a page.  I really liked this orientation though.  The paper and embellishments are Simple Stories Handmade Holiday.  I used two background sheets, six 2x12 strips (a whole sheet) of the green dots and a 1 1/2 strip.  I rounded the corners on the green pieces to soften the look a bit.  Three clusters of embellishments finished the page off.  This was super quick - I think about 30 minutes.  A good way to get things caught up!

I usually ink my pages.  My favourite ink to use is Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.  You can ink your pages by directly rubbing the pad against the paper, or, you can use a tool for a softer look.  The tool I prefer is Tim Holtz Blending Tool.  It's intended for Alcohol Inks, but you can buy foam pieces that allow you to ink with it.  The wooden block has velcro on it, so I have a rectangle of foam in all my ink colours.  It's really easy to switch out.  You have a lot of control and it creates a softer, blended look.  This tool is available at the store and is quite affordable.  The tool retails for $7.99 and the foam pieces are another $7.99.  Really reasonable for something you can use again and again.  Stop by the store to check out my layout on display in the Christmas section or to pick up the Tim Holtz tool and some ink!

No comments: