Sunday, November 4, 2012

Freestyle

These photos are from our Whistler vacation in August.  Many of my photos are 2 x 3 so I got two on a 4x6 sheet.  One went into the Smash journal I've been posting.  Because I've already scrapped these photos once I felt I could get a little artsy and try some new techniques on this layout.
 
I started with white cardstock and a piece of cheesecloth.  I scrunched the cheesecloth and glued it down across the bottom half of my pages.  I used my tree masks and went to town with the ink mists.  There are two shades of green and some brown ink mist.
I tried adding some white rubons, but they didn't want to stick to the inked paper.  I wonder if I would have had more success if I'd waited for it all to dry thoroughly.  Oh well, I don't mind the rustic look of the half stuck on rub ons :)
 The only patterned papers I used was the punched strip along the bottom and the wood grain under my left hand photo.  The matting under the photo beside 'hike' is packaging from some Prima flowers.
 

I love the chipboard circles.  You may recognized them from several other layouts I've done. I'm working on my second package.

The layout still needed something more so I added three big blue ink splotches and held up the paper so the ink would run down the page.  The big blue bling are Bazzill and the little blue bling are Kaiser jewels.

I had put my chipboard title on the page before spraying the background ~ going for a more monochromatic look.  The ladies around me thought I should paint the chipboard the blue of the splotches, so I did.  One of the great things about crops is all the input you get from other scrapbookers. Thanks Crystal, Lynette and Anna.  I love this page!

 

No comments: