Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Masking

I have a lot of fun with the spray dies like Glimmer Mist and Maya Mist. They come in lots of great colours and are so easy to use.
Last week I picked up Cosmo Crickets 'Girl Friday' line to play with. I used one of the more neutral papers for my background and decided to play with my green Maya Mist. Here's what I did...

First I cut a 7 1/4" x 7 1/4" square out of waste paper. I corner rounded two of the corners just 'cause. I placed it on my Girl Friday background PP. I chose 3 Heidi Swapp leaf masks and placed two of them at the top right corner of my square and another at the lower left corner.

I grabbed my bottle of green Maya Mist and sprayed it across my page. I gave it a couple secs to dry; it's very fast drying, and then peeled off the masks. If you haven't used the spray Mists before then practice your spraying on scrap paper first. On this layout I used a sweeping motion to give a more even, lighter coverage. If you hold the bottle in one place and squirt you will get more blobs of colour. (which is fine if that's the look you want)

Next I cut a piece of patterned paper 7" x 7". Corner rounded two corners just 'cause, and glued it down in the middle of my square.


Here's my finished layout.

No comments: