Thursday, May 14, 2009

Got Sketch

Sometimes when I need a push getting started on a layout I check out this blog www.gotsketch.blogspot.com . Each week there is a new sketch posted. Sometimes it is a layout, sometimes a card or sometimes both. You can also see past sketches too. You can upload a picture of your layout and check out other's work. Cool. So if you are searching for that bit of inspiration check out this blog. Here is a sketch from the other day that I used. Notice I have learned to insert images from other blogs and websites! Look out Blogger World!

And here is a look at the layout I completed using this sketch as inspiration. Now of course this sketch is only a one pager. And everyone knows I can't do one pagers, just wouldn't look right in my albums. Sorry one pagers...

So I started with this sketch and once I got to work I was easily inspired to build the second page.


You can check out this layout at Unforgettable Memories. I used mostly Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper. I made the flowers using my Cricut. If you don't have a cutting machine you could trace a chipboard shape, use a punch or get crazy and hand draw these flowers!

No comments: