Saturday, February 28, 2009

I am lovin being a "SINGLE" girl!







Okay, so I have taken the plunge and stepped out of my comfort zone! I have been scrapping SINGLE page layouts and have been LOVING it!
In the past 6 1/2 years that I have been enjoying this hobby, I have always scrapped double page layouts. For those of you who scrapbook in this way, you know the challenges that present themselves when trying to make both sides flow together and feel balanced out. Not to mention, using twice the amount of material and time. Well, I am here to say singles is the answer.

A single page is a breath of fresh air as you are dealing with less. I have been scrapbooking more quickly and am not feeling the frustration that I would often feel with a double (there have been many times that I never wanted to see the layout again by the time it was completed!) Of course the design elements are the same but you are simply dealing with a smaller playing field. In addition, it has allowed me to use up many of my single pictures and just seems more "manageable" when time is on the short side.
This is not to say that I will never do another double layout again as I love the continuity and how it appears in its album . What I am saying though is that I have been presently-surprised and consequently inspired. I have been having a blast stepping out of the box and am happy to find something that is working for me! Here are a few layouts that you can expect to see real soon at the store and online. Happy scrappin girls!

2 comments:

cdutchak said...

wow! You got your mojo girl! I am too afraid to try a single page. The only time I do singles is at the beginning and end of a album. Maybe I will try a single for the baby's 12 month layout. He! He! I know, I know...it will be the end of the album. At least I can try to conquer my phobia of the single page

cdutchak said...

We picked the same paper again! LOL! No pressure!