Sunday, February 15, 2009

Got Glitter? Doodlebug that is...

Have you tried any of the glitter papers yet? Many of the scrapbook companies are putting some bling on their paper. I am loving the Doodlebug line. I've been picking up a piece or two every time I shop at Unforgettable Memories and using a little, or a lot, on almost every layout I have done in the last couple months. So fun! I wanted to show you a few of my glittery layouts.

On this first one I used a strip of the red patterned glitter across the bottom of a white page. It was a good base for my photos piled on top of one another. And it matched the red glitter Scrapworks alpha perfectly! I think the red is my favourite of all the glitter papers. I also used a piece of the Doodlebug flocked paper in pink. The scallop ribbon and floral transparency is Fancy Pants.

I used a strip of the same red glitter pattern on my Hannah Montana layout. This layout is a two pager, hanging on the wall at Unforgettable Memories.

The glitter works with 'boyish' layouts too. On this one I used the solid yellow glitter to bring out the gold of the autumn foliage. You can see this layout at the store also.

So far I've cut the glitter papers into strips and used them to accent my photos on the layout. Another way to use the glitter papers is to use your punches or diecuts on them. I punched butterflies and flowers out of my favourite red glitter Doodlebug and posted about them here. You can create beautiful embellishments for your pages using the glitter paper. Breanna thought they were so pretty she has glittery butterflies swarming across her entire science fair project this year :)

Last week I decided to try a couple layouts using an entire piece of glitter paper as the base of my pages. I love how they turned out. This first one is on the brown glitter paper. The photo is six years old ~ my Missy Munchkin is only 4 here.

And my last photo is even older. I thought the lovely blue glitter was perfect for a tropical layout. That's me front and center at 10 yrs old. (Rats, I just noticed I spelled Niue wrong :( ...It's fixed now)The pink dot paper is also Doodlebug. Scrapworks glitter alpha and Basic Grey alpha stickers make up my title.

So next time you're in Unforgettable Memories don't forget to check out the Doodlebug glitter lines. They come in lots of colours that will coordinate with most pattern papers you are playing with. I'd love to see what you do with the glitter. Post us a link in the comment section so we can have a look-see.

No comments: