Sunday, September 28, 2008

Paper Piecing and a sneak peak

Paper Piecing used to be huge in the scrapbooking world. I used to do some sort of paper piecing on every layout I put together. But like other trends, it fell by the wayside and other fads took it's place. I've noticed Paper Piecing is making a comeback in some of the recent magazines I've bought so I checked out Scrapbooks Etc's website. They have a tonne of free patterns for you to download. I clicked on the link to Nature-Scene paper piecings and found this cute little deer.

I cut him out of a sheet of 12 x 12 cork I bought at the store. It has great texture so I didn't add all the little bitty pieces of the pattern; just a couple of spots and some inking around the edges and I called it done. The pattern also comes with little nose and eye pieces as well as a white underbelly.

I like the simple look of my deer.




So go to Scrapbooks Etc. Look through their patterns and find something for your next layout. The Nature-Scene paper piecings include a cute little squirrel, mushrooms, owls, and of course, birds. And there's a wonderful Tree Background pattern that I think I may just try on a layout soon.
There are also Halloween themed piecings; Back to School; Flower; Baby; Winter... Lots to choose from.

And come in to the store next week and see the rest of my layout. I used the new Kelly Panache 'His and Hers' line

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in the store and really liked your layout for this page, but cannot find it anywhere. Is it posted on your personal blog on this main one?

Unforgettable Scrapper said...

I'll have Sarah repost it on the Flicker Gallery that shows up below. She's just getting it done now so it should be up on the site by tonight :) You should be able to just search Heather in the gallery and find it. If you have any trouble just let us know.