Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Looking for some artistic inspiration?

I enjoy trying new ideas and styles on my scrapbook pages. One place I go to find inspiration is the ScrapJacked blogspot. Twice a month the girls over there choose a scrapbook artist to 'scrapjack'. I played this last week. Here's my layout...


Cutting out my photos isn't something I usually do. My ten yr old daughter occasionally does it, but not me.

I distressed and inked the edges of my patterned paper and the kraft paper I used as a base for my layout. Then I pulled out some old EK Success stickers [I never thought I'd use those tap stickers :)] and used them in place of ribbon on my tags.

The journaling is about my son who at thirteen and in Junior High, has absolutely no concerns about being fashionable. Most of his trendiest clothes are hand-me-downs from an older friend. The same friend told his Mum to tell me to tell my boys that it wasn't cool to be seen in 'Incredible Hulk' t-shirts now that they were highschoolers.

No comments: