Friday, September 26, 2008

A Week in the Life

Ali Edwards is one of my favourite scrapbookers. I like how she incorporates so many of the day to day details of her families life into her scrapbook pagess. I check out her blog every couple of weeks to see what she's working on.
Next week she is going to be working on a 'Week in the Life' album that will focus on documenting everyday details over the course of seven consecutive days. And she's invited her readers to join her. It sounds like fun to me so I'll be packing my camera around all week documenting. Here's a short glimpse of Ali E's instructions...

"Commit to keeping your camera with you throughout the day. Capture everything. Capture things that may seem silly or dumb. Capture the normal. Capture little things. Capture your environment. Here's a couple questions I ask myself or I keep in mind as I am going about this project: what's my daily routine, where did I go, who did I see, what do I do, what does the inside of my home look like, where do I spend the most time, etc. Capture stuff that you use everyday: your computer, a coffee mug, a favorite pair of shoes, a book, etc. Make sure to take a photo of yourself each day"

If it sounds like a fun project check out Ali Edwards blog for full instructions and play along. I'm going to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am doing this project too! I'm almost done - just tomorrow (Sunday) to go. My husband and kids will be glad not to be the subject of so many pictures. It's been awesome and I can't wait to put the album together.