Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Circle Journals

Have you ever signed up for one? Circle journals have become very popular these days, but they're not a new idea. Many artists have participated in round robins. The idea of a circle journal is quite similar. A circle journal is a book passed along through a group, each participant making their own contribution before sending it on.

There are so many fun reasons to join a circle journal. You get to connect with other scrapbookers, be creative and contribute to another’s book, see other's work in your own and end up with a great little coffee table book at the end. I have three completed CJs on my coffee table. They've traveled across Canada and to various US States before coming home to Fort St John. They're a wonderful source of inspiration when I'm looking for something new to try or just trying to boost my mojo. Just think of all the different and unique contributions the different scrapbookers you know can offer.

I'm participating in a CJ at the moment that is slightly different from other's I've worked on. Instead of completing the pages with our own photos and journaling we create an 8x8 page based on the theme posted by the person we are sending to that month and leave blank mattes for the CJ owner to add their own photos. The pages I was working on this month were for a 'Friends' album. This is what I did for her.

I hope Bonnie likes the fun, bright colours I used. And my bird. I freehanded two 'S's on the back of my patterned paper, joining them at the beak and tail. The wing is a paisley shape also freehanded on the back of my pp. I used an eyelet for his eye and black jute for his legs.

And here's a couple sneak peaks of a birthday layout I dropped off at the store yesterday...

No comments: