Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The beginning...

I started work on a background for a Prom layout.

The white polka dot tape is from the Smash collection.  I put a strip down one side.  I'm sure I will use more on this layout.  The nice thing about the tape is it is not so sticky that if you decide you need to move it you don't end up wreaking your paper.  It peels back up very nicely.

I chose two stamps from my collections.  A leaf stamp and a flower stamp.  I used Tim Holtz distress ink pad in black and stamped the images randomly around the top and right edges of my paper. I'm already liking how it looks.

I used one of Primas small flower masks, (It comes in a package of six different flower masks.) and sprayed gold mist around the edges of my layout.You can see where I flipped the masks over and blotted the mist into the paper.  It is very shimmery and pretty IRL.

I used one of the circle chipboard pieces I have as a mask for the red mist. I'm going to put a couple photos on the left hand side.  One vertical and one horizontal so I want part of the circle to show beneath them.  Maybe I'll do my title around the circle...

I can kind of see the layout in my head.  Hopefully it turns out as well as I'm imagining it. 
So far, I'm liking the background I have started on.

No comments: