Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Going to the Prom

I showed you how I created my background for this page, a couple of posts ago. I love how it turned out.  I added Kaiser pearls in grey to some of my stamped flowers. Used lots of tape around the edges.  I tore the music tape and stuck it down.  The patterned paper is Karen Foster.  I also used an old Hambly acrylic piece on the left page and some red/gold metal mesh I've had in my stash forever.



The boy holding a rose is from a Jolee's sticker package.  I found it in the graduation section of the store.  This years Prom theme was Hollywood so I had to use some of my Tim Holtz film strip embellishement.


Some more film strip under the big grey Prima bloom.  I also used some white leaves.  I love how classy and dressy the Prima looks on this page.


Here's a closeup of the stamping and tape in one corner of my layout.  I used distress ink in black.    I layered the Polka dot tape with some Smash colour blocked tape and another piece of music tape on top of that.  After adding the grey pearls to the flowers I decided I wanted to add a few more iin the smaller sizes on top of the tape. Lots of layers.


Some more tape layering and grey jewels on this side of my layout.  Added another sticker from the Prom package by Jolees.  I love that Jolees has stickers for absolutely every theme you can think of.

The red bling swirl is by Prima and was so perfect for this photo of my son's date in her red dress.  The corsage has little red jewels in amongst the baby's breath. Just gorgeous.

So if you're scrapping Graduation/Prom pictures be sure to check out the section in Unforgettable Memories.  There is lots of neat product.  The wedding section has lots of dressy papers and for bling head to the sparkly section of the store.

No comments: