Thursday, November 10, 2011

Making a list and checking it twice ~ wreaths

Have you made up a list for all the Christmas crafts you are want to do this year?

There are so many great ideas out there.  I've been looking at wreaths.  Which one should I put on my front door. 
This one from GoodHousekeeping?
Wouldn't it look fabulous with the stars made of double sided Christmas patterned paper, though I like the white too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Or what about this one.  I've always loved paper with the kraft colour background. You could even stamp Christmas images in red and white on the kraft if you didn't find a patterned paper you liked.

I saved the link to the tutorial a couple years ago ~ maybe this year I'll make it.  Find the how-to here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's this wreath from the Fancy Pants blog posted a couple Christmas's ago.  It looks like a lot of work, but it sure is pretty...
You can find the directions here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Curly patterned paper is always effective.  I made ornaments using curly papers in clear ornament balls last Christmas.  This wreath would be just as easy and fun, I'm sure. Just curl the paper and pin or glue to a styrofoam wreath form.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've loved this wreath for ages.  This blogger made it for a spring wreath but I think it would look fabulous with christmas coloured butterflies or maybe more traditional diecuts attached.
There's a tutorial here.

So now I have a decision to make.  Which wreath to make for my front door?

If you make one out of your scrapbooking supplies I hope you share it with us.







1 comment:

cdutchak said...

Tough to decide. I really like the Fancy Pants wreath. But the craft and butterfly one is my most favourite. Maybe I need to make one too! Thanks for the inspriration, Heather!