Friday, September 24, 2010

Is it finished?

I was working on this layout last week.

When it was done I hung it up in my entryway and looked at it for a few days trying to decide if it was really finished.
Then I spotted this layout of the very talented Ingvild Bolme had done for Prima and loved the edging she had done.
My sewing machine is still sitting on my dining room table from a hemming job I did last week so I threaded it with some cream coloured thread. I used my heart border punch along the bottom edge of my layout. I found some black cardstock with white text printed on it, (it's been in my paper stash forever) and stitched my layout down. Then I roughed up the edges and swiped some brown ink across the tops.


What do you think?  Would you have left your layout plain or do you think the edging treatment really adds something?

Patterned papers are Bo Bunny and 7 Gypsies.
I bought the Making Memories metal travel pieces just for this layout. Journal spot is also Making Memories.
Hambly Screen Prints rubons ~ love the turquoise swirls in the corners.
Karen Foster jewelled brads. 
And what layout would be complete without Prima.  Blooms and ferns.

Off to work on my '9' layout. 
If you missed the post it is here.
This months prize is a random draw for NINE Gift Card prizes. Woo hoo.  Who wouldn't want to win that?

No comments: