Monday, September 6, 2010

Eight

That's how many bears we saw on the river in one afternoon. I had to scrapbook about it.  I've never seen more than 2 bears on any one boating trip so to see eight was amazing. I used a big 8 from my set of Tim Holtzes grunge board numbers.  It is sprayed with green Maya Mist and then swiped with brown ink around the edges.

I sprayed the white cardstock across the top edges with 'Frost' Glimmer Mist and inked the corners in brown.  The photo is layered on an 8" x 8" piece of Harmonie patterned paper.  I really like Harmonie's wood cutouts.  Make sure you check them out the next time you're in the store.  I used the 12" tree and owl on a layout last week and here I used leaves and a scroll from the last set I bought.  The leaves create a corner for my photo.  I've layered them over a Fancy Pants diecut.  Did you spot the Prima packaging tucked in over my photo?


The scroll woodcut is nestled in amongst a pile of green Chatterbox buttons.

I glued a couple of buttons over the Basic Grey rub-on lace over my title.
I also used a piece of a Hambly Screens acrylic sheet. That's the black weeds growing up the side.  I can't believe I didn't spot the Hambly stuff earlier.  There is a wonderful butterfly sheet I want to pick up on my next shopping trip.

I hope something amazing happened to you and your family this summer. Don't forget to document the event for your scrapbook.

No comments: