Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Scrap Happy

I've been looking at all these fun, messy Art Journal Pages on various artsy blogs lately and thinking about making my pages messier.  One of the techniques the artists use is to paint washes (thinned out inks and paints) across their background paper.  I was thinking it looked kind of like mulberry paper which I have loads of but haven't used for eons.  So I pulled out a sheet of baby blue mulberry paper and a paintbrush to wet down where I wanted to tear it and started playing.  I just used a couple of pieces on the edges of this layout.  I wonder what it would look like if I layered it.  Hmmmm.  An idea for another layout...

I splattered various inks and mists across the white cardstock after I stuck down my mulberry paper.  I used four or five different colours.

There are lots of random bits and pieces on this layout. Prima leaves, Jeni Bowlin buttons, Bella Blvd cutouts, Chatterbox rub-ons (red), Maya Rds rub-ons (birds), Tim Holtz grunge number, miscellaneous tags and plastic drops...

No comments: