Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Getting messy with two page layouts

I got some photos of our pets last month.  Turbo is the cat my daughter got for Christmas last year.  She picked him out herself, at the SPCA.  He is a really neat cat with loads of personality.  Tikanii, our lab/husky cross has a lot of fun with him.  They chase each other round the yard and pretend to attack one another.


I sprayed rose and gold Glimmer Mist over one of the big Glimmer Screens I have. Then used some torn scraps of paper I had left over from previous layouts.  I love the 7 Gypsies paper and I know there's still some in the store so ask for it the next time you go in.  The pinks and greens are the same tones as in my photos and the black flocked design on top really makes it a gorgeous dressy paper though I've shabbied it down for these photos.

The print paper and word stickers are Bella Blvd. The bling corner is Zsa (love it).  The bird cages are Jolee's (aren't they cute?) and, of course, I have lots of Prima on my page.

For a closer look at the details check it out at Unforgettable Memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Turbo also spends a lot of time dreaming about catching Rick's goldfish.  He spends a lot of time peering in to the fish pond and has, on occasion, gone swimming to get a closer look. So far he hasn't had any luck catching a fish, but you know it's just a matter of time.


On this layout I started out with two sheets of the white Bazzil embossed polka dot paper.

I sprayed it randomly with turquoise ink and splattered some darker ink on top of that.

Then I layered my torn scraps of Bella Blvd patterned papers.

The acrylic arrow is a My Little Yellow Bicycle 'clear cut'.

The tags are inked. I used some chipboard from my stash and journaled around them.

The title is Basic Grey. Flowers and leaves are Prima.

Did you notice I used one of my border punches to punch circles in my photos?  Kinda like fish bubbles coming up out through the water :)

No comments: