Friday, August 20, 2010

A garage sale layout...

I like to consider myself something of a garage sale jedi. :) I totally love them. I love finding things that i was going to pay full price for and there it is for $2. I love finding neat things I can use for storage in my scrapbook space. This summer I found a sweet pair of rollerblades that I have been zooming around in behind the buggy (ok, maybe not exactly zooming) and there was also a pile of fabric scraps that were thrown in FOR FREE! For free, people. So I used some of them on a layout.


Everything is sewn on to this green paper from the store that has awesome texture. I cut out two heart shapes and sewed them together, with some cotton balls stuffed in there, and then used some Maya Mist and a chipboard "g" to use as a mask for the initial.



i also found the crocheted flowers at a different garage sale last summer in Lethbridge. Yep, I even garage sale when on holidays.

I sprayed more mist on some chipboard alphas (i am never PAINTING chipboard again!!) and there's the page. Keep your eyes peeled at this weekend's yard sales - all sorts of bits and pieces that can be upcycled into something cool. Think fabric, papers, old ledger books, old books of all kinds, sheets of music, even small tools. Have fun and I'll beat you to the next one....

No comments: