Saturday, June 12, 2010

Grandma layout

I like to use the various inks and mists on my layouts.  I could just start spraying on a blank piece of paper, but then when I start placing my photos and embellishments all my pretty spraying could end up covered up.  So for this layout I started by putting my layout together.  I cut my patterned paper and matted my photo.  I placed it on my background, and decide where my embellishments would go. Then I tucked my leaf and bird masks just under the papers where I wanted them.  I lifted off the patterned papers and photo, sprayed over the masks and left it to dry for a few moments.  Then I put my papers and photo back, this time glueing it all down.
I love the glittery alpha; I think it's Doodlebug.  The letters are big so it wouldn't fit straight across.  I think it looks fun on two lines.

The large Prima flower comes with the gorgeous center.  The smaller flowers have Kaiser jewels in the centers.

I found a pretty scrolly frame rubon for the journaling.  It was from a Pink Paislee sheet.

One photo layouts are fun to do once in a while.  I usually have way too many photos to scrap to stick with just the one photo, but I wanted to scrap this one by itself.  And look at all the gorgeous embellishments I got on the page with the one photo. 

So find a special photo and scrap it by itself. Do it this weekend.

No comments: