Sunday, March 22, 2009

Competitive photos or competitive paper?

Have you ever found yourself feeling overwhelmed with a layout because everything just seems to be way too busy? This was the boat I was just in! From the minute I began this layout, it gave me trouble and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I LOVED the paper and LOVED the pictures but together they were not working well. I completed the layout and felt dissappointed and unhappy with it and left it sitting on my kitchen table for almost a week hoping some "solution" would magically appear in my mind the more I looked at it.



Well, I found my solution and to me, it made all the difference in the world. All I needed to do was to change the colour of my pictures as there were too many competing colours. As soon as I changed them to B&W, the layout calmed down and everything seemed to "flow" together and not compete. If you ever feel that way about a project, remember the option to switch the colour to black & white or sepia.


I was relieved that it was a simple fix and Unforgettable Memories made the changes easy to make as they now have their own photo developing lab within the store. Within a few minutes, I had adjusted the colour of my pictures as well as their sizes and my problem was solved! If you haven't used Unforgettable's photo lab, you should! save time and develop your pictures while you shop for all the great products to go with them! The sizing choices and development quality are excellent! Don't just take my word on it! Come on down and give it a try!

No comments: