Monday, November 18, 2013

3 kids ROAR

Aug 20 edited to add...
Double page layouts can be tricky sometimes. With this layout I loved the left page and I loved the right page, but once I put them together I felt like the layout was missing something. I was in Unforgettable Memories yesterday and I spotted some new stencils. Tim Holtz stencils. I had to pick up a few.  Three of them, to be exact.  I decided to use the 'clockworks' stencil to add some more design to the background.  Then I used the rest of my inked cheesecloth across the top of my page. 

I think it works much better as a double page layout now.


Love the clockwork stencil.  I used my felt pad and handle to pick up black ink off the stamp pad and patted over the stencil to show the design. 




Scrapfriends has an interesting colour combo challenge this month.  Yellow with different shades of black/grey.  Check it out on their blog...

The colours were perfect for the Halloween photos  had of my three scary monsters.

I had fun with the drips.  I was debating about doing the drips all the way across the top of the page, but the hubby put in his two cents with the opinion three drippy splotches were enough.


Here are some close-ups.

I sprayed the Maya Roads fabric flowers with 'soot' Glimmer Mist. The same colour was sprayed on the cheesecloth.  The stickers are Echo Park.

 
 
'ROAR' is made with alphabet masks and ink. Random stamping adds texture to the background. Strips of washi tape underline my title.  Maya Rds felt birds, Webster's porcelain flowers and cheesecloth embellish the page.

I sanded all sides of the photos and tore a couple edges. I matted with vellum, patterned paper, and some netted product.
 
Cheesecloth and drippy paints and inks are perfect accents on  Halloween layouts.

No comments: