Friday, December 20, 2013

Last minute Christmas card

It's too late to  mail out Christmas cards, but I needed a few for friends in town so I pulled out my Christmas stamps, some spray inks and some gorgeous poinsettia's I picked up Unforgettable Memories a couple weeks ago.
 

I started with white cardstock, red and green spray inks, a background stamp(though I'm thinking I want to try this same technique with a big poinsettia stamp) and a paintbrush. 
I also needed cardstock for the card base.
And 7 Gypsies tissue paper, vellum and Christmas patterned paper for matting.
 
I painted my stamp with the green Maya Mist and covered my white paper with the images.  Then I splattered red ink randomly across my 12 x 12 sheet.

 I cut my patterned sheet into 4" x 5 1/4" rectangles.  I rubbed Viva Gold around the edges.

The Viva Gold had dried up since the last time I used it so I had to add a drop or two of water to it. 

I used my Smash pen (fine tip) to sketch lines around the border.  Then I added a poinsettia in a corner.  Bottom left, top right... either works.


I stamped a Christmas greeting. And then matted with the tissue, vellum and patterned paper before adhering it all to my card base. 

I love how they turned out. Who else made their Christmas cards this year? I hope you'll share.

I'm working on some inky backgrounds for more cards.  I need another half dozen for my work mates.  If they turn out how I hope I'll share tomorrow.

No comments: