Saturday, November 9, 2013

Haloween sketch challenge

There are loads of great scrapbook challenge blogs out there. Many of them are sketch challenges.  I love scrapbooking from a sketch.  Half the work is done for me so I can concentrate on the creative part.  I used the sketch at Sketchabilities this month. I hope you will give it a whirl.

My kids are teenagers now and so didn't go trick or treatin' this year.  In fact, I didn't even decorate apart from a couple of new purchases.  The Halloween boxes under the stairs stayed stored away. 

So I found some old photos I hadn't scrapped previously.  My soon to be 19 year old when he was in kindergarten. Love that look of concentration on his face as he works on class projects.

Here's my layout.


Unforgettable Memories has all their Halloween papers and embellishments in one spot.  I chose a couple of Carta Bella pattern papers. My background is the text patterned paper with a skeleton in one corner. Love it!
 
I used some yellow and green acrylic paint as well as some 'soot' Glimmer Mist to further colour the background.
 
The stickers are from an Echo Park Halloween pack.

Cheesecloth has a great texture and is perfect for Halloween pages.  I sprayed mine with the 'soot'  Glimmer Mist and used under and around my photos.  I also used some black Prima flowers as embellishments.  

There are lots of layers under my photo.

My title is Doodlebug alpha letters and a big red Bazzill brad heart.
 
Check out sketchabilities for some great sketches and play along.

No comments: