Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A two page layout using Basic Grey chipboard

Using up my scraps again. I used left over scraps from 7 Gypsies (red music pp), Imaginisce (stripe from travel line) and Basic Grey (green pp)

The cutie in the photo is my niece and she's eating Grandma Lewall's famous angel food cake (though now Grandma usually buys it ready made instead of making it from scratch like she used to)

I used a Maya Road mask ~ I bought it ages ago to build a page on, but never did ~ and cappucino mist to create the background.  I also spritzed gold on a few spots where it looks  a little darker.  It has a very nice shimmer to it IRL.

The banner is one long string.  On my last layout I created the banner in two pieces.  What do you think looks better?  Different looks for different photos :)

Here are some closeups...



The Basic Grey chipboard is from a package of Christmas pieces that I used on a couple of layouts last year.  There was still lots left, to add to my banner and around my title on this layout.  I like that Basic Grey gives you plenty of unique designs in one package.  Like the pretty Christmas flower I put before my title. There were 4 sheets in the Christmas package I bought.




I added some of Bazzills big jewels and put some old Christmas rubons on green cardstock and cut them in little flag shaps.


The poinsetta's and other flowers are all Prima, of course.

Have you finished scrapbooking your Christmas photos yet?  Unforgettable Memories has a great selection of Christmas papers and embellishments.  And it's all in one place so you don't have to wander the entire store looking for Christmas themed stuff. 
Not that wandering isn't a good thing.  I always find loads of 'must have' items to add to my basket when I wander :)

No comments: