Friday, January 27, 2012

with Grandma...

When I was in Unforgettable Memories this past week I picked up a couple of bottles of white spray ink.
Mr Huey's and Tattered Angels white Chalkboard ink. I wanted to see how they compared.
I used one of the Harmonie chipboard scallop circles as a mask and sprayed on kraft cardstock.
The Mr Huey's definitely gave more coverage.  The Chalkboard ink I found was much lighter.
I also used the Chalkboard 'hot chocolate' to spray the 'abc', from my Thickers chipboard sheet, around the edges.  You can see in the top left corner it is not very dark.  Chalkboard is better on white or very light coloured papers, I think.

The last time I used my Thickers sheet as a mask I had used 'soot' spray ink.  Wetting the 'soot' with the brown spray ink revived it so when I plopped the Thickers sheet face down I got the darker design in the lower right corner.  Like it!
-------------------------------------------------------
Two of the papers on this layout are packaging material.  The green dotted paper is from the Imaginisce stickers package and the script, I'm sure you will recognize, comes from a package of Prima flowers.

Once I had my basic layout design, I surrounded my page with all the embellishments I 'might' use and started trying things. 

This is what I ended up with...

The vellum is over the photo because Daniel is wearing the ugliest shorts I have ever seen.  How he managed to pack them for his trip to Grandma and Grandads, without me spotting and pulling them, I will never know. 

Some close-ups...

The birdcage is one of Prima's velvety rubons.  The enamel flower is Websters.  I love the twine.  There were 3 colours on the card I bought ~ yellow, as seen here, red and blue.  I can see myself using this stuff lots.

Isn't the little owl cute?  He's from a sheet of owl stickers, all different, all just as cute. 
The clip is Basic Grey (from the pet line).


I used another of Websters enamel flowers here.

It's my day off and I'm hoping to get a couple layouts started. 
Enjoy a creative, scrappy weekend.

No comments: