Monday, January 2, 2012

a quick layout

Happy New Year to all the scrapbookers out there.  I expect you all enjoyed yourselves and have lots of photos to prove it.

I put together a quick layout yesterday and took photos as I scrapped.

I started off with a white sheet of Bazzill cardstock.  I punched 3 stars out of scrap paper and used them as masks with my Espresso and Gold mists for an easy peasy background.

One of the most time consuming things for me is deciding what papers go with my photos and also coordinate together so starting with white cardstock is a real timesaver.

I decided my matting should be a piece of shite mulberry paper.  I love the texture! I chose a couple of fairly neutral patterned papers to use as accents.  One torn strip went along the top of my page.

I used a stamp that simulates a stitched line (much quicker than pulling out the sewing machine and trying to figure out how to thread it) and black archival ink to `sew` my strip of pp to the top of my page.

I cut up some magic mesh into strips and stuck it down along the edge of my matte.  More texture!

You can see the mulberry paper is a little opaque so the ink mist shows through just a little.

Then I put my photos down...


...a couple strips of patterned paper ground them nicely.

I always like to use flowers on my layouts; even boy ones.

Prima has some less `pretty`colours for more masculine pages. The leaves are Kaiser woodcuts. The stickers I have added on are from a Bo Bunny sheet.

Now I just need a title...
...and it`s done.

How`s that for quick and easy?


No comments: