Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Freestyle layout

I've been doing a lot of challenges lately.  And using sketches as a starting point for my layouts. 
This layout is just for fun.  I started with the background patterned paper by Little Yellow Bicycle and just started putting stuff down. 
I grabbed a bottle of dark orange Making Memories paint that went perfectly with this line and dropped splatters from the end of a paint brush.  The yellow splotches are made by dipping a big straw (frosty sized) in to yellow paint, putting it close to the paper surface and blowing. I was just experimenting here.  I think I like the yellow splotches better than the orange splatters.
I didn't want to use the entire 12" of the Acrylic 'clear cut frame' so I tore one third of it off.  I had to start the tear with a small scissor cut.
I placed some torn pieces of LYB pp under my photos and a length of pleated ribbon.  
Then I started scrounging through my stash to find odds and ends that would go with my photos.  There's a Chatterbox 'card' and a leftover epoxy sticker from a pet sheet that was half used, a couple of Prima printed leaves(love these), some Prima blooms and a Prima glass pebble, a Rusty Pickle scroll rub-on and a couple of MM flag pins from the Expore line.  And what layout would be complete without some punches?  Out came my favourite butterflies.

I used up lots of bits and pieces from my stash on this layout, and had a lot of fun doing it.  I hope you try a freestyle layout today. 

No comments: