My daughter's 4th birthday is coming up this month. I am so not a card maker and needed some help. Lynette came to the rescue with this one! She spent a very short time creating this very cute and fun idea to use for the inside of the invitations. I had previously made the ballerina paper dolls knowing that I would use them for these invitations but that is as far as I got by myself.
I used some My Minds Eye paper, Ballerina paper, cardstock, ribbon, crystals, mirror paper, glue, paper trimmer and popdots. I used my Cricut to make the paper dolls and the scallop shape.
To make the inside pop up for a 4x6 inch card:
1. cut the inside paper to 3 7/8 x 11 1/2 inches.
2. score and fold at 5 3/4 inches.
3. cut upwards from fold 1 1/2 inches and downwards 1 1/2 inches 3/8 from the edges and 1/4 inches apart on both sides of card.
4. score 1/4 inch across the top and bottom cuts then fold in.
5. Glue to outside of card.
6. We then added a ballet bar to help stabilize the dancers.
7. One dancers is popdotted to add dimension.
I made the outside all by myself . I just kept telling myself that is was like an embellishment for a page, looked for a little inspiration, picked up some paper, ribbon and picked through my stash. Here is what I came up with.
I can't wait to send these out to out friends and family! Thanks for the guidence Lynette.