Thursday, October 24, 2013

White with 1 challenge

Have you ever played White with 1?  The challenge this month is to create a layout with white and watermelon (peachy pink).  Players are permitted to use up to 15% black along with the white and watermelon. Here's my layout.


I picked up the 'rays' stencil/mask at the last evening crop Unforgettable Memories hosted and have been eager to use it ever since.  I sprayed my pink Glimmer Mist over it. 

I used my snowflake embossing punch along the right edge and then just a punch or two on the top and left edges. I really love how this tool punches out the snowflake and also embosses a design on the rest of the border strip.  It is so pretty!

Some closeups...

 Prima flowers, some twine, a Smash stamp and a Kaiser wood bird clustered together make a pretty corner embellishment for my photo.

Love the corduroy brads I used in the center of the flowers.  They are Pink Paisley. The clear frame is from a pack by Harmonie. The black feathers are from a Halloween boa that is falling apart and dropping feathers throughout my home.

 On the rays I glued strips of black polka dot patterned paper from a BoBunny Halloween paper pack given to me at the winter crop Unforgettable Memories puts on, out at the Blueberry.  I also added strips of netting and text washi tape to the rays. And I used my Smash date stamp. My journaling also followed the angle of the rays.

Check out the White with 1 challenge blog and play along. ~ Heather


No comments: