Saturday, October 19, 2013

Blue and green

Blue and green is the challenge over at Scrap the Boys this month.  I don't often use these two colours together as the main theme.  I can remember my Dad when he was helping me pick my outfit for the day when I was in elementary school rhyming ~
"Blue and Green,
should never be seen!"

Here's my background.  I love all the texture!


I used one of my Tim Holtz masks. I used white texture paste ~ the green came off my mask as I was swiping the past across my page.  Guess who doesn't clean off her masks very well after use?
I tried to hold this up in the light so you could see the shimmer from the mists but it still looks better IRL.

And here's the completed layout.  Washi tape on the top and bottom edges, We R Memory Keepers patterned paper as mattes and lots of Prima flowers.  The wood leaves are Kaiser and I have a cute little Jolee's Bird in a Cage sticker.

Here are some closeups of my embellishments...

I punched the little bird and the green leaves out of some Prima packaging. Layered lots of Prima blooms.

Had to get a little camera in there.  The "oh, snap!" is the Smash date stamp.

Check out the little bird in a cage.  Isn't he cute.  It looks like he's looking right at Daniel getting a Papa haircut.


I'm sure all of us have 'boy' photos to scrap so I hope some of you will participate in this challenge.
~Heather


No comments: