Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lots and lots of spray inks

This background was supposed to be for the layout I blogged in my last post.  The colours for the challenge at The Color Room were pink, red, green and white.  I decided the background, while I loved it, did not work for my photos and I ended up putting this aside.

Want to know how I did the background?

  1. I started with two pieces of lime green bazzill cardstock
  2. sprayed it with pink, red and green mist
  3. sprayed it heavily with water to soften the colours
  4. used a 12 x 12 vine mask and sprayed with white mist 
  5. moved the mask randomly around the layout and misting with green
  6. flipped the mask over onto the page so the ink on the mask stamped on my page
  7. stamped around the edge of my page with my $3.99 Kaiser stamps and green ink
  8. added some strips of washi tape along the left edge
  9. rubbed green metallic ink around the edge on top of the stamping

Layer after layer after layer and I have a gorgeous background!

I used some butterly diecuts and punches as masks and swiped white paint over them.

This is what my page looked like once I pulled off the butterfly diecuts.  I also did some random stamping with a Prima stamp and my Kaiser stamps that are such a great deal at Unforgettable Memories. The circles are made with white paint on a lid.

I layered papers and punched vellum under my photos. And see the light bulb washi tape.  Such a neat design.  Wander around Unforgettable Memories and check out all the different washi tape designs.


The 'friend' sticker sheet is Flair Designs.

I used the big butterfly diecut on my layout as an embellishment.  It was originally purple, but is not thickly coated with white acrylic paint.  I punched a vellum dragonfly and glued it on top.

And look how I finished off my butterfly masks;  Prima flowers in different sizes. Love how it looks!

And here is the finished layout...




No comments: