Monday, September 9, 2013

The Man Cave

I sprayed the background green card stock using my Tim Holtz curly mask with a mustard dye ink for my last layout(the one with the pond photos) and then didn't like it so I set it aside.  I used the messy background to blot off the gold ink on my leaf stencil, and used it again to test spray my pink spray which was clogged. Then I started liking it.  Especially with this photo of the men hanging in the garage.  A grungy background for a 'kinda' grungy photo.

The last time I was in Unforgettable Memories I spotted these amazing background stamps by Kaiser.  And they were cheap.  Under $4.00! I bought three designs and just so you know, I'm going back for the other two. I used the 'wood panel' design to do my journaling on, down the right side of my page.  I used the one that looks like stone work (already tossed the packaging so I can't tell you the proper name) around my photo and in the top left corner. I think this one is my favourite, though that might change by my next layout. I used the third, called 'sketchy' around the border of my page. 'Sketchy' is stamped on top of a border of Inca Gold; another new product I discovered on my last trip to Unforgettable Memories.  You can check out techniques for Inca Gold on youtube.  Just do a search.  The Inca Gold comes in a little pot and is easy to apply just with your fingers.  The more you rub and buff the shinier it gets.

I found a couple of scraps to matte my photo with; wood grain and yellow plaid.

Some text washi tape and beads were all the accent I needed with all the stamping and inking already on the page.

I couldn't resist adding some pink onto my masculine page, especially after unclogging my pink mist on the background.

The printed flowers are Graphic 45.  I think the pink brads in the center really make them pop.  And I've still got loads of chipboard cameras to add to my layouts. There are dozens in a package and they are cute on any scrapbook page, no matter the subject.

So just remember; there are no mistakes!
What doesn't work one day will work another.

No comments: