Friday, August 23, 2013

Rick's rock garden

I started this layout with two pieces of plain green cardstock. I used my 12 x 12 leaf mask with some brown Maya Mist and gold Glimmer mist.  I edged the cardstock with purple dye ink and then stamped a border with bronze metallic ink. The papers and stickers are mostly We R Memory Keepers.
 
After I put down my pieces of patterned paper I randomly stamped a small Prima stamp and added some white rub-ons.
 

Once I added my photos I started with the embellishments.  I love the coppery butterfly and flower set by Prima.  This is the second package I've used.  You better get in there before I go back for more!

You can see how the gold in the background glimmers on this picture. The cheesecloth has been sprayed with brown Maya Mist.


I used some Washi tape with text printed on it.  My two photos over the garden tour pamphlet are only glued together and then attached on the outsides creating a slip through pocket. I tucked my journaling in with the pamphlet.

My Mum's puppy managed to get in on the photos so I had a reason to add this cute little clip from Basic Grey's pet line.


I love all the browns and golds on the green.  It is a very organic look.  Perfect for garden photos.

Next time you are in the store grab some cardstock, a mask or two and some ink mists. And make you're own background for a layout.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

Heather

No comments: