Saturday, September 28, 2013

Mixed Media background...

Not many embellishments on this layout.  I spent a bit of time building up the layers on the background creating a mixed media background.


I started with a couple of sheets of light blue cardstock. I created a 1" border around the page with a light blue ink, then rubbed a navy ink around the edges. The washi tape crosses the two pages and held it all together while I inked, painted and misted so I didn't end up with two pages that didn't match along the center.
 
I added some pattern to the background with those under $4 Kaiser stamps I picked up earlier this month.  They are such a great deal!
 
White paint on bubble wrap created some texture in different areas.  Blue ink was swiped over the dried white paint and then sprayed with water to create some running. Lastly I splatted some yellow reinker randomly.

The stickers and patterned paper are W R Memory Keepers.
 
 
The clear squares are Tim Holtz.  I used a glue stick to put a thin, even layer of glue on the back of the pieces and adhered them to my page.

My title is made with Prima's felt alphas.  I added some green ink to the yellow alpha's.

Here you can see some of the detail under the clear rectangles.  The white dots with a couple blue colours layered on top. You can see some of the stamping and the yellow ink splotches.
 
You really can't go wrong with a mixed media background.  Just keep layering with the different 'stuff' till you're happy. Try it!

No comments: