Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cosmo Cricket chipboard

So this isn't one of the challenge blogs I listed earlier this week.  Instead it's a challenge I set for myself. 
 
I have so many partial sticker and chipboard sheets in my stash.  When I picked up the 'Sew Sweet' chipboard sheet I decided to challenge myself to use up the entire sheet.  This layout is the last of the sheet; with the pieces I found most challenging to find a place for. 
 
 
I started off with black cardstock. I decided it was too 'black' with the old black and white photo so I swiped some white paint on with an old credit card. I matted my photo with blue vellum which matched the blue in the chipboard pieces perfectly.
 
Some closeups...
 
I created a border along the top of the page with scissors, spools and a needle.  I wrapped twine around the spools before glueing them down.  The strip of red Cosmo Cricket wood grain emphasizes the border.
 
 
I layered the dress model, flowers, buttons and the little girl on one corner.


The measuring tape was a 12" piece that I had cut up and used on my last Cosmo Cricket layout.  I added the remaining piece to my layers of patterned paper.  The transparency was a piece I discovered when cleaning up in my scraproom this morning.

I love the title  'Sew Sweet'.And the scissors.  The colours in this line are perfect with older, black and white photos.

I'm all done with the Cosmo Cricket 'Sew Perfect' line.  It's perfect for girly photos though I managed to get my son in one of the layouts. If you've picked it up I hope you have fun with it. I did!

No comments: