Friday, April 27, 2012

Beyond the Door challenge


I've been working on another April challenge for way too long now.  At Beyond the Door scrap challenges they have the photo below as inspiration. 

I took the black and white from the photo.  Starting with black cardstock I sprayed over my vine mask.  I found a couple of oriental stamps in my stash and stamped with white ink. 


I have no idea what the Japanese character stamps say, but I'm sure they are similar to the BoBunny letters from the oriental line I used.  I picked up these papers and the chipboard sheet last month.  The papers are all double sided and not necessarily oriental 'themed'.  I've used pieces of the black and red on a couple of layouts now.  And I love the turquoiuse. 





I took inspiration from the turquoise squares in the challenge photo but that is what caused me the most problems. The picture is very linear and I'm not. Once I had my photos neatly lined up I couldn't figure out how to keep going.  But I think it turned out all right in the end.  The mini banners on the sides are done with the chipboard shapes and border stickers. I put little gold jewels along the border stickers.

I punched the black border above the turquoise and added Kaiser jewels.

Check out the layout in the store for a closeup peak.

No comments: