Friday, October 7, 2011

Stamping with Glimmer Mist and a challenge

I have a stamp that is a collage of tropical images.  More Hawaiin then Mexican, but I decided to go with it anyway. I sprayed my stamp with a green Mist and stamped down.  Than I cleaned off my stamp by rubbing it off on the top and lower edge of my paper.  

Glimmer Mist stamped this way is not going to give you a sharp, clean image.  Instead you get the grungy look you see below.  Rubbing the remaining ink on the paper edges adds to the grunge :) 


Then I decided on a challenge for myself.

Only use stickers on this page.

No patterned paper, no flowers, no lumpy embellishements.  I counted the MM decorative tape as a sticker.

When I first started scrapbooking I used A LOT of stickers.  Then there was a period of time when I thought all stickers were not 'cool', even alphabet stickers.  There are so many neat sticker designs out there and I had a sheet of Cosmo Cricket "Salt Air" stickers that I hadn't broken open yet.  I wasn't sure about mermaid stickers for a boy page, but I found a spot for them ;)



If you try this challenge I would love to see your page!

No comments: