Saturday, December 25, 2010

Tattered Angels 'Winter Trees' Glimmer Screens

Merry Christmas!  We've had such a great day from opening presents, eating way too much good food and I even got some scrapbooking time in while hubby napped.  He has to work tonight so I thought I'd put together a blog post before I wake him up and send him off.

Last week I picked up some Glimmer Screens.


I thought the tree on the far right would be perfect for Christmas layouts, but as I haven't gotten those photos developed yet I started playing with the other two images. 

I'm still playing with the BoBunny 'Midnight Frost' line.  I just love the colours; the blues and white with a little wine red thrown in for contrast.



I used the 'Frost' glimmer mist (the same one I used on my cards below) and sprayed over the tree screens on white cardstock.  I layered the patterned papers, Diecut and chipboard piece under and over my photos. The journaling is framed on one side by a sticker bracket.


The punched snowflakes are edged with blue ink and I've used a Bazzill glass button in the center of each. I love these buttons; the colours are so pretty, but it makes it really hard to scan and stitch the layout.  So just ignore the shaded line down the center; it's not there IRL.

After spraying the trees I could see there was lots of Glimmer Mist sitting on the tree Glimmer Screen so I flipped it over onto another piece of white cardstock.  So instead of a mask I have  stamp.

I used the edge of the 12 x 12 BoBunny 'midnight frost' chipboard shapes to frame my layout.  This was a really quick layout to put together.

Make sure you check out the BoBunny 'midnight frost' line if you have snowy photos to scrap.

No comments: