Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Let's talk page protectors.

For a few years now, I have been using D-ring albums, and all sizes of page protectors in them -
12 x 12, 8.5 x 11, 6 x12 and 12x6, even business card and hockey card page protectors. I am not careful about what shows behind a smaller page, or if the colors clash or compliment - i love the randomness of it all.
An embarassingly long time ago, I had these photos printed into 8 x 12 size, and realized that I didn't really want to make three separate pages about my son and/or autumn, all taken at about the same time. So:

I cut one in half and put all three of them on two 12 x 12 sheets of cardstock to make a two page layout. Kind of cool, hey? It makes a big impact in your scrapbook. There are loads of photo printing options at the store of course, and I am a big fan of the 12 x 12 print too. I think this would be cool - to have just one image printed on a 12 x 24 and then cut it in half for your album (as long as you aren't cutting through a face or the focal point of your photo). I am going to find an image to do this with.
Ok, back to the previous layout - I had more photos that I had wanted to include somehow, so I cropped them all into a hockey card page protector and trimmed a third of it off because I didn't need all the spaces


Kind of difficult to show in pictures - one of those things you have to see with your hands. When my family looks at the album, they can take out the little middle page and see the whole layout if they want - more good old interactive fun with photos. Lynette has loads and loads of different sized page protectors at the store and D-ring albums if you are interested in trying out some new shapes and sizes. I think it's very liberating and can help get you out of a creative rut, should you be in one. There are NO RULES in this awesome hobby! Even the ones you make for yourself can be broken :)

1 comment:

Unforgettable Scrapper said...

I seen your sister's book like this and I agree it totally looks like I might be able to get caught up in this style.
I think I'm going to try it out on my trip album