Sunday, December 7, 2008

Stars for Christmas

Check out this great tutorial on making Origami stars. I used Xmas patterns from Reminisce and made quite a few of them this evening. They are quick and easy and look so pretty as ornaments. The one pictured here is made with five 4 1/2" squares.


I used a glue dot in each join to help hold it all together. The center is made with a punched jumbo star and a Bo bunny metal brad. I used a 7" length of sheer ribbon to create a hanging loop.

After cutting my 4 1/2" squares I had 3" strips of my patterned paper left so I made some smaller stars from the 3" squares. I think I may use a few of them in the different sizes to create a wreath.

If you have problems following the photographed directions just watch the videos at the bottom. It will all become clear. These stars are really simple and so pretty.

No comments: