Thursday, November 6, 2008

Glimmer Mist

Well it's November. The temperature is dropping though it's been pretty balmy for this time of year. But still, time to move indoors and maybe try something new. Lynette just got Glimmer Mist in and it's a really easy product to use. It comes in a spray bottle so all you need to do is shake it up well to get the shimmery bits off the bottom and then spray it on to your project. I thought I'd share with you a few things I've been doing with Glimmer Mist lately.

For my first Glimmer Mist project I used a big Fancy Pants chipboard swirl and the deer I had downloaded from Scrapbooks Etc for a layout last month, as masks.
I sprayed across my cardstock and over my masks.(Now I have a very pretty, shimmery chipboard scroll to use on another project) The heat gun can be used to speed up the drying process if you are anxious to keep working on your page.
I removed my masks and decorated my page with a title, some Maya Rd stickers and other bits and pieces.
The scroll became a tree for my Owl to perch in.
Old Lace Glimmer Mist is a very light tan brown so it doesn't "pop" on my kraft cardstock.

On my next page I decided to try the darkest colour I had; 'Slate' Glimmer Mist. I used Heidi Swapp leaf masks to create a design down one side of my layout. I discovered the HS masks do NOT like the heat gun so let them air dry ~ It only takes a few minutes. If you don't like the splotches, use a tissue to wipe them away before the Glimmer Mist dries.
You can see the entire layout in the store.

Here's another layout using a Heidi Swapp mask. I put the daisy mask down the right side of my light blue cardstock and sprayed with 'Frost' Glimmer Mist.

On this fourth layout I sprayed a piece of black cardstock all over with 'Slate' Glimmer Mist. I placed two Bazzill die-cut strips across the bottom of the cardstock and sprayed again with 'Frost' Glimmer Mist. I removed the die-cut strips and built my layout on top of the shimmery cardstock.

I've also sprayed Glimmer Mist on Prima flowers and on Tim Holtz grunge board. It adds instant shimmer to any embellishment.

No comments: