Thursday, October 9, 2008

Based on a sketch


Ever feel stuck? Sit and stare at your pictures and all the great product but can't make that first cut? Me too! I find that sometimes a bare sketch will inspire me or at least give me a starting point. In the Fall 2008 issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine (available at the store with a purchase of $30.00 or more) they offer a quarterly sketch. You can then submit your layout online to http://www.scrapbookandcards.com/submission1.html. The deadline for the Fall sketch is October 20th. The sketch is only for a one page layout but I extended it to create a two page layout. Here is the layout I think I will submit. I used Garden Party paper from My Minds, Thickers letters, and some pumpkin ribbon from the stash. These pictures were taken last month down in Taylor at the Jon Curtis Vegetable Garden. Have you heard? This is the last year Jon will be running the garden. I hope someone takes over. Sad to think this might be the last opportunity for some pumpkin patch photos in our area. Happy Scraping!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Jon retiring and selling his market garden? I hadn't heard this is his last year. He's been there for as long as I can remember.