Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Using scrapbook products creatively

My friend said she wanted to make concrete leaves and my hubby just happened to have some concrete lying around so we had him whip up a few batches while we collected leaves from the garden.  We spent a Saturday afternoon making 3 or 4 leaves each and left them to dry for a week.


We painted the leaves black with acrylic paint and then started with the Perfect Pearls and Pearlex that I've had in my scrapbooking stash for eons. 
 The set of 4 Perfect Pearls I have has rust in it. I used it down the center of my leaf in the bigger 'veins'.
 The gold turned green on the darker parts of the leaf and showed up gold beside the rust colour.  So interesting.
 I tapped on white Perfect Pearls around the edges and I'm thinking to make this truely a scrapbooking project I might journal around the edges before sealing the leaf so I can put it outside in my garden.


I can't wait to make more of these.  The colours are stunning IRL. They are going to be great accent pieces for my garden. I might even do a scrapbook page on them...

No comments: