Tuesday, October 16, 2012

So Happy to see you

I had a lot of fun creating the background paper on this layout.  I started out with a couple sheets of kraft cardstock.  Using a credit card I smeared white Making Memories paint on my page.  You can see some areas are thicker than others and it picks up a little of the texture of the paper.  Then I used an old plastic alphabet stencil and my pretty pink Maya Mist along the right edge of my pages. I hate to waste all that ink on the stencil so I flipped it over onto the center of my pages and blotted.  Next I splatted some walnut ink across the page.
I used the edge of a 'postage stamp' stamp along the top border, smearing it with a little Pinecone ink. I also used a 'print', a 'world globe' and an 'airmiles' stamp on various areas of my pages. 


I loved the idea of the vellum, with the cut out hole, on the photos. I've been saving that one in my 'to try' folder for a while. 

Papers I used are 'This & That' by Echo Park and an old Imaginisce design (arrows).

Now some closeups...
I stamped the print stamp with Pinecone ink.  The globe and airmiles stamp are used with a burgundy chalk ink.  I added a Maya Rd white rub-on on top of it all.

I added some bling to the felt marker scribbles on the vellum.

I used some scrapworks squares to frame my embellishments. Love the wood clocks by Prima.  The butterfly I punched from vellum with my new butterfly punch.  It's a 3 in 1 so I can get the lacy butterfly shown here, just the silhouetted butterfly and one in between.


A few kaiser jewels and layered all on a misted doily.  So pretty!

Love the sparkley Prima bird and the sprig of flowers.  I think the Prima aisle is my favourite aisle in Unforgettable Memories.

No comments: